1. A brief introduction about Clay Telecom.
Clay Telecom is an Indian wireless telecom service provider catering to the varied
needs of international travellers across 200 destinations. It is headquartered in
Delhi with offices across India. We have presence in over 30 locations with 100
points of contact across the country.
2. What services are offered by Clay Telecom?
Clay Telecom offers customisable International Telecom Solutions for occasional
and frequent travellers such as:
- Country-specific Prepaid and Postpaid SIM Cards
- Global Prepaid SIM cards
- Global Mi-Fi Service
- Country-specific Data Cards and Mi-Fi Products
- Global Email Service
3. How is our SIM better from International Roaming Cards?
Our services provide a huge scope of cost reduction on your international roaming
costs. The solutions ensure unparalleled network coverage, dynamic & quality customer
support anytime and anywhere.
4. Can I use my Indian mobile number while travelling abroad?
You will not be able to keep your existing local mobile number active. We will provide
you either country-specific or global SIM number as per your preference to save
you from international roaming charges.
5. How can I get a Clay connection?
There are three different ways to get Clay SIM Card.
(I) ) Send a request for the website by filling the 'Get Quote' Form.
(II) Place an order online by selecting the web plan.
(III) Call on our customer care number @91-11-66470000.
6. Why is it important to provide correct information at the time of purchase?
We require information about your handset model, SIM type etc., to ensure customisation
in the products/services. With the updated information, we are able to provide premium
services during your trip. Hence, kindly update the correct information to help
us serve you better.
7. What is the process of delivery?
The SIM delivery is on the basis of the departure date which the customer mentions
at the time of 'Check Out' during online sale.
8. How do you extend your services in the areas where you do not have your offices?
We have our associations with courier companies to arrange deliveries within 24
to 48 working hours of confirmation after the submission of documents.
9. What is the pulse rate on which the pricing is calculated?
The pulse rate is 60 seconds.
10. Are Toll Free / helpline numbers chargeable on Clay SIM card(s)?
All toll free/ helpline numbers are chargeable on Clay SIM Cards.
11. Why is my SIM not working in India?
As per the Department of Telecom norms, none of our services work in India. We offer
only international wireless solutions to travellers going abroad.
12. Is Clay SIM compatible with my handset?
Clay SIM cards don't work in network locked handsets. If it is network unlocked,
you are requested to contact Clay customer care to check the handset compatibility
as per the destination network.
13. Are there any hidden or additional charges?
Clay Telecom doesn't charge any hidden or additional cost on the services. The tariff
plans are available on www.clay.co.in
note our tariff plans are exclusive of service charges, shipment charges, government
taxes and cost of the VAS opted by you.
14. Can I get a Micro or Nano SIM card for my smartphone?
Clay provides normal SIM cards by default. Smartphone/Tablet users must mention
the requirement in advance to organise a Micro/Nano SIM card for their device.
15. Do I need to change my network operator every time I change my country of travel?
We suggest you to keep the network selection mode to "Automatic" to avoid any hassles.
1. How to place an order online?
Go to Home Page ➡
the destination ➡
the type of service ➡
2. Can I take plans displayed on the website by contacting you offline?
The web plans are available only for sale on the website.
3. What facilities do I get in e-transactions?
You can view your
account summary; track your order status; apply for contract extension; request
for SIM card pick up; make online payments; request for number suspension; view
& download dialling instructions and share your feedback.
You can check current
balance, view dialling instructions, recharge your Clay mobile number, check call
history and also share your feedback to help us improve our services.
4. Why I am unable to login my online account?
Please make sure that you are entering your correct username and password. Kindly
share your details with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
will contact you soon.
5. How can I access my online account?
In case of online sale, the customer will complete the registration process. Once
the registration is complete, the login details will be e-mailed to you on your
registered e-mail address. In case of offline sale, the auto-generated login credentials
are shared on the registered e-mail address.
6. How can I change my registered e-mail address in your records?
Kindly share your current and updated details with your account manager. Or you
can login your account online, go to 'Customer Services' section and click on 'Change
Information' to share your request for change in information in our records.
1. I have lost my SIM card, how can I deactivate the SIM?
To deactivate the Clay mobile number, kindly send an e-mail on your account manager's
email address or e-mail at email@example.com
us at 011-66470000 permitting us to block the number. We take 4-5 working hours
after your e-mail is received to process the deactivation. All the usage till deactivation
of the SIM would be your responsibility. Please mention your name and Clay mobile
number for reference.
2. What are the charges in case I lose my SIM card/Handset?
In case you have lost your Clay SIM card, the minimum charge is INR 1500. However,
the exact cost would depend on the country-specific SIM card issued to you. In case
you have lost your Clay handset, the charges are based on handset model you have
taken from us.
3. I don't remember my Clay mobile number, how shall I send a request for deactivation?
Kindly send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
that you have lost the SIM card and hence, you wish to block the card. Please mention
your full name or CAF (Customer Agreement Form) receipt number to process the deactivation
request. Don't forget to mention that you don't remember your Clay mobile number
for our reference.
4. My SIM card has been deactivated without any prior information. Why?
We request you to kindly share your Clay Mobile Number at your account manager's
e-mail address. Our representative will arrange a call back shortly.
5. Whom do I get in touch for pick-up of the SIM card?
You can either e-mail your pick-up request at email@example.com
or send your request through "My Accounts" Section under customer services tab.